Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV): guidance
Symptoms and what to do
You should look for any of the following symptoms in the 14 days after the day you return from China:
· Difficulty in breathing
· Fever (a temperature of 38 degrees C or higher)
If you have any of these symptoms, you should:
· If it is an emergency, call 999 and explain to them that you have returned from China in the last 14 days
· If you are unwell, but it is not an emergency, call NHS 111 and explain to them that you have returned from China in the last 14 days
Whilst you await further advice from NHS 111:
· avoid contact with others
· stay at home, do not attend work or school
· do not travel while sick
· cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing. Throw tissues in the bin
· wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser if soap and water are not available.
Stay indoors and avoid contact with other people as you would with other flu viruses. You can find more information about how to do this
Acorn & Gaumont House Surgeries
Welcome to Acorn & Gaumont House Surgeries. Our team aims to provide healthcare with courtesy, care and efficiency, referring you, where necessary, to colleagues in the primary health care team or hospital sector. We also encourage the role you can play in maintaining a good state of health by looking after yourself, by eating and drinking sensibly, taking regular exercise and stopping smoking if you smoke.
If you're a registered patient at the practice you can sign up to Patient Access and start booking appointments online, order repeat prescriptions and view your medical records all from your home pc, tablet or mobile phone at your convenience.
BENEFITS: See up to 1 week in advance from a huge selection of available doctor's appointments only accessible online.